Thursday, April 3, 2008

Big and Fat Squared with a Baby Thrown In

Today there's going to be a little bit of whining. If you're not in the mood, then I suggest you pack your bags and move on to the next blog.

I have to go to the dentist today to have a filling redone. Lets say up front that I don't have anything against the dentist. He is the father of my daughter in law, and so again, I don't have anything against the dentist. He's great. He even whistles while he does his thing, which is kind of comforting and sweet actually. And I don't have anything against dentists in general. One of my sons is studying to become one, (although he's thinking about orthodontia, and WHAT GOOD IS THAT GOING TO DO ME????) and I know they do their best and without them we'd have wooden teeth like George Washington, and alot of pain before that. But I just hate going because I am a big fat baby. Empasis on big, and fat, and baby.

It doesn't hurt that a month ago I had a root canal (and 2 rounds of 2 different antibiotics) that was so bad they almost couldn't save the tooth, and then a week or so after that I had a chip of bone that worked it's way out the side of my gum. Underneath my tongue. It took about 2 weeks. Now that was a sparkling good time ladies and gentlemen. (They called it a bone spur, and I don't know about you, but who came up with that name? You tell a patient that there is a spur (immediate visual of spikey sharpy pokey hurty thing) in their MOUTH? A spur in the place were you definately DON'T want things to POKE you? Are you freaking kidding me???)

So try and convince me that I'm supposed to not be a big fat baby about letting someone stick metal tools and drills in the vicinity where all that happened. I'm sorry, but no deal. I'm taking a bunch of motrin before I go and I'm paying the extra cash for the nitrus. I know there's a recession, and Sally Orman said on Oprah to curb our expenditures, but I'm broken and beyond. Enough is enough is enough.

My hair will look like this when I'm laying there except for the few pieces that will be sticking straight up, (not because they have product in them but because I'm scare-t.)

3 comments:

Shalyse said...

ask for some laughing GAS...that stuff works miracles!!! I am loving the daily fairy changes on your sidebar, outstanding! :-)

Kurt & Shawn said...

Hey, the only spurs I know about, you strap on to your boots. Now, that IS quite a visual regarding your mouth. And the laughing gas is just devine. Our dentist in Colorado used it for all KINDS of procedures and is now doing 7 years, minimum securtiy!!!! You go with your big fat baby self and know the sisters are thinking of you during your time of 'tooth' crisis!!

MOMMACITA said...

Thank you Shawn. sniff. I love being thought of. sniffy sniff