Saturday, April 12, 2008

Five Three

Today is my birthday. Happy Birthday Mommacita. I've enjoyed all 53 years with you. Oh, how lovely a person you have become.

Your sister in laws put a picture of your rear end in a swim suit on a quilt and you only threw a small fit. Your daughter and her husband moved to the Caribbean and you just smiled and waved goodbye, instead of hanging on to the tail of the plane with your fingernails. And toenails. You are so healthy mommacita! Your sons lived for two years in 3rd world countries and you just put their pictures on the frig and said in your emails to them how exciting it was to hear that they'd been arrested, or had been placed in hiding because they had a mentally deranged stalker or they lived next to a polluted river. Remember how great you were through all that Mommacita? Remember how you stood in awe of yourself? No? How about this one: Your granddaughters live two states away, however you are able to use your grandmotherly wiles and convince them to sing to you over the phone whenever you want.

Mommacita, as the kids are saying now a days, You rock. Put on your yammies, crawl under your down comforter, and smile at the ceiling. Go ahead and eat a chocolate covered fortune cookie from a pink box and purr. Tomorrow you can put on your spanx and face the world.

14 comments:

Kurt & Shawn said...

Happy Birthday to You!!! Listen, we can always update that swimsuit bum shot to go with each birthday if necessary. Like a historical BUM record!! A nice tribute to leave behind (Ha, ha, ha, I kill myself) Love you tons, Mommacita!!!!!!!!!

MOMMACITA said...

My face is contorted in horror. Can you imagine? Oh. Oh my goodness. Horror. HORROR. HORROR times 10.




But I would pull through because I'm Mommacita.

Dehner Family said...

Happy big 53!! You deserve much more than one chocolate covered fortune cookie... You should have that on top of something much bigger... And that something should include loads of ice cream.
Have a great birthday!

Shalyse said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!!!! You are the greatest and do deserve a FABULOUS day!

Beth said...

Much love and may all of your birthday wishes come true!

Taryn said...

Happy birthday, mommacita!

Kasey said...

Happy Birthday! Love the sparkly costume of the day!

Annie said...

I'm thinking you'd look better in the swan dress than Bjork does..but that's just me.

Happy Birthday, lady! Have a couple more of those chocolate covered fortune cookies for me.

And 53 spankings from me!

MOMMACITA said...

The fortune cookies were from Deeavid and Lisa. They are called "Emily's Dark Chocolate Fortune Cookies" and come in a shiny pink take out looking box. They are quite stunning I must say.

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday---and may you have another year of kissin' on grandbabies!!

Kasey said...

Ya know what? Garlock men are just tough!My dad always did throw up when I was growing up, so I always thought that dads cleaned up throw up. Not at my house. I give birth and clean up throw up. I'm a lucky girl!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! If I could post cheese curds, I would, but I think the end result would be really really nasty. So, I'll just eat them for you instead.

How's that for a Hallmark card?

MOMMACITA said...

M-mmmmmm cheeeeeeese cuuuuurds (say it like Homer Simpson)

Emily said...

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to leave something and since there were 13 comments I thought I'd be number 14 to ward off any unlucky blog voodoo. I am a frequent visitor, first time commenter. Annie is my cousin through marriage. But whenever anyone asks who writes the hilarious "Deep Lunges and Unitards" blog that I have a link to on our blog, I always tell them she is my cousin. Maybe they'll think I'm cooler. Anyway, I love your blog. I visit every day in hopes that you'll have a new post for me to enjoy. My four year old is also a very big fan, she loves the pictures you rotate on your side bar. Her favorite so far was the little white foo-foo puppy with the bow. She said it was the dog of her dreams. Keep up the great blogging!

Emily