Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What You Don't Know is a Cheese Curd

I read a blog by my new cyber best friend Kristen this morning that made mention of: "a Culver's double deluxe burger with everything and cheese curds on the side"



I did not know what cheese curds on the side were so I asked her this in my comment:


What is 'cheese curds on the side'? Is it a fancy name for cheesey french fries? Is it cheese fried all curdy like? Is it a side of cottage cheese? Is it something I've never heard of but simply must try? Would others feel sorrow for me because I've never had them/it? I like cheese so I think I might like it/them and now I will not be able to stop thinking about why oh why I never had a cheese curd on the side.

I'm 52, and I should have already had something called cheese curds on the side. Not to be obsessive.


My cyber best friend Kristen said this:

Miss Mamacita - you have not lived until you have had an order of fried cheese curds. Basically they are squeeky Wisconsin cheese curds, breaded and fried, so when you eat them they are a melted molten fire ball of cheese with a cruncy outside. Heaven......

My question now is: What other experiences are out there that I don't know about? I thought I had experienced alot of life: marriage, giving birth, raising kids, having them publicly embarrass you, (not for years now because they don't live in my town anymore and when they visit I keep them sequestered) joy, pain, death, swedish chocolate, tillimook carmel toffee crunch ice cream, toilet paper on my shoe, the list goes on and on. But now I'm tormented by all the other cheese curds out there. What don't I know about?


I fear there's alot, and I'm not sure what should be done.



Could you all please blog about the stuff I don't know?

17 comments:

Annie said...

McCain thongs?

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that I am your blog stalker because you are quite entertaining. Just wanted to come out of the shadows for a moment. Hope that's OK.

Kristen said...

I'm not sure if I'm flattered or completely embarrassed that my food splurge has reached a new fanbase of readers! But I stand by my 2000 calorie meal by saying it doesn't happen very often and I enjoyed every darn bite! So in another 4 months or so I'll blog about my Culver's craving. Don't even get me started on their chocolate malts......

And I'll reinterate that you haven't lived until you have eaten a side of Cheese Curds - they are even better at the Iowa State Fair!

MOMMACITA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MOMMACITA said...

Kristen my best friend
Do NOT be embarrassed. Own your cheese curds.

BTW, when I was hunting the Culver Cheese curd picture, I saw a picture of the burger, and I'd be all over that as well. And they talked about a frozen custard that will be in my dreams tonight. I'm thinking there's alot I don't know.

MOMMACITA said...

There may be a niche for McCain thongs Annie. Especially if you did contrasting fabrics like you did on those booty shoes. Yes. Reversable McCain thongs. By Jove.

Jake said...

Nice blog mom. You are the bloggiest blogger that ever blogged a blog. I think its time to invest in a deep fryer.

Brandon Bridge said...

I too am a stalker of yours...one of Annie's cousins, and kristen's friends. Just have to say cheese curds are splendid and I love your blog!

Meredith said...

clap on clap off lights. i had them when i was 10 and they drove my entire family and annie crazy.

maybe not those, but really, i'm the quintessential wimp and i got tricked into going sky diving and it was FABULOUS! it sounds so much scarier than it really is. it's actually a huge adrenaline rush, if you go tandem it's not like you're the one in charge of opening the parachute (and therefore the one in charge of your death), it's divine. do it. i did it in ogden for $150 (+$50 for the tape, and you MUST get the tape so posterity has proof). $200. think about it.

by the way, other connection: my little sister (who also reads this blog) knows your son mitch because i guess he dated her friend karina. mormon tangled web.

MOMMACITA said...

Tim's mother jumped out of a plane at her 65th birthday party. I remember she wore big shiney button earrings with the helmet. I'm sure she has had cheese curds on the side

MOMMACITA said...

Official statement from Mommacita:

I heartily welcome all blog stalkers unless you are unbalanced freaks, and if that's the case, get off my blog pronto. And stay the heck away from my friends and family's blogs, and ESPECIALLY my children's blogs.

If Annie loves you, I love you

Hillary said...

Mommacita, it's Hillary from the house-on-the-corner-of-18th-&-Mathews-that-is-now-hideous-and-green! As a previous resident, I wanted to apologize on behalf of the current owners for enveloping the dwelling in such a displeasing shade. I love your blog and will now begin reading it in my daily perusal around the sites. Well done!! And congrats on Grandmommacita via your girl!

MOMMACITA said...

Hillary! Hi! I call that house (your old one) the popcicle house. limey goodness

Anonymous said...

As your stalker, let me assure you, I think I may be unbalanced, but I don't think I'm a freak, or maybe it's the other way around. Either way, I'm harmless, and I like your blog because it's funny and full of heart. I hope I didn't cause you discomfort.

Shalyse said...

look at how popular you are Gary M. Lulu is wanting you to snuggle her again! she will probably let you sneak her a cheese curd too!

Kurt & Shawn said...

Okay, here is the latest rage in Japan and I will email the picture to you, Mommacita because I would feel terrible to think you were not getting the latest INTERNATIONAL fashion statements. From those pictures, I think a McCain thong is very doable. I can easily make the proto-type and get a marketing survey done pronto to see where the strongest selling market would be. I think Utah can pull this one off. Remember, I shared this first and will want the appropriate representative's cut!!!! The thong is not an original idea but what we do with it IS!!!!!

Charlene said...

Gotta say, those cheese curds in the picture look way awesome! If you want to try some that are probably only 70% as good, drive over to KFC and order a side order of cheese curds. Pretty good....if they are too hot, they will BURN the roof of your mouth off. Beware....

I'm a new blog stalker of your, too, just like jidypdsn. But, I'm not weird or anything...at least, most of the time.