Monday, August 18, 2008

Things I Meant to Do

Blogging can be a distraction from doing the stuff you are supposed to do. You tell yourself that you are doing something decent by blogging, when in fact, you are only making up fake little text messages about Olympic Athletes, who in reality are the real people who are really doing something real with their lives. Could I use the word real any more in a sentence??

I mean when you sit around and think about it, (by symbolically putting the Fake Texts (the thing that You really do do) in your left hand, and symbolically putting the person who gets Olympic Gold Medals (8 of them) in your right hand..... and then you do that thing where you move your left hand up and say 'Text Message' real loud and then as you move your hand down you move your right hand up and say 'Gold Medals (8 of them), real loud, and then you keep repeating that whole scenario over and over and go faster and faster until one of them wins and then ideally you know which is more important) and as you sit around and think about all of that you sometimes get the idea that there are things you SHOULD be doing other than watching the Olympics and taking notes on what would be good in the blog.

Is it really important for me to be sending a text message to a very well groomed horse that jumped around in the Beijing Olympics?

That's how neurotic I am people. I did not raise my children to send text messages to horses in China. Or Hong Kong rather. Or whereever it was.

Yet my children are the very ones who are egging me on, so something must have gone amiss in the raising portion of their lives. (I'm liking that I found a way to blame them....liking that very much)

I think I meant to teach them to tell me to quit playing that little tee-teer tot-ter hand game to make life decisions by. And I meant to teach them that they should speak up to their mother if she starts to avoid opening the mail because she is busy seeing if she can achieve a sillier level of silly on the Internet. Yep. There's a bunch of stuff I meant to do.

Now pardon me while I forage for chocolate. I'm pretty sure that by going into this arena, I have compromised my powers of reason. And other stuff.

1 comment:

Matt said...

hee hee hee. this is funny, because its true.