Friday, August 15, 2008

My Phone is Burning Hot with Text Messages to China



Dear Bob Costas,

You finally got it right. Putting a cam on Bela Karolyi watching Nastia do the women's floor exercise was the funniest thing I've seen all week. I laughed myself silly all by my little silly self in my silly little family room. Then, after I laughed at Bela, I laughed at myself laughing. Thanks for the laughfest Bob. Good times.


Love,

Mommacita

PS I could totally put pictures of your lighter hair on this blog and compare them to your darker Chinese hair, but I won't now, because of the good laugh.



Dear Bela Karolyi,

First of all, thank you for not dying your hair to go to China. I know that may seem weird to you, but trust me, I have my reasons. Now let's get down to business:
You are corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrect sir. She IS an Olympic Champion! SHE IS AN OLYMPIC CHAMPION!!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIGHT!

Love,
Mommacita

Dear Nastia,

Nastia, Nastia, Nastia. You are a household word in the Mommacita house. Beautiful. Inspiring. Lovely. Everything I said in previous text messages? Supersize it. Congratulations!

Love,
Mommacita


Dear Rebecca Soni,

Watching your face when you won that Gold Medal was pure joy. I wiped a couple of tears away and that's the truth. You did amazing.

Love,

Mommacita



Dear Ryan Lochte's Father

Watching your face when your son won that Gold Medal was pure joy. I wiped a couple more tears away and that's the truth too. Good job dad. Tell Ryan the world is proud.

Love,
Mommacita


Dear Boyfriend,

Only a little longer. You can do it, because, as I'm finding out, you are a machine.

Love,

Mommacita

PS. I think you might want to meet Rebecca Soni at the After Olympics Mixer. If you two hooked up, (which is GET MARRIED in Mommacita speak) you could create the swimming super race. I'm OK with it. And I think Momma Phelps would approve. I'm guessing she'd like grandchildren, and well, I'm just not in commission for that scene. But you can still be my boyfriend until the Olympics are over.


Dear People in China who Made the Gold Medals,

I'm not so sure I would have caught this detail myself, but next time, when you make those gold medals, you might want to make Michael Phelps' ribbon real long and the women's gymnastic medal ribbon real short. As it stands, Michael's gold medals hit him just below his pecs and the medal around that Chinese gymnast almost hit her in the you know where. I think I saw her whince as she climbed off the bronze medal podium. Just something to think about there, medal makers.

Love,
Mommacita

Dear NBC,

Thanks for some great reality TV. TOTALLY enjoying it.

Love,
Mommacita


Bela, Bela, always the giver.

2 comments:

jenreeder said...

Again with the funnies... thank you. I say Amen to all of these texts.

And by the way... I am not THAT old! I just couldn't have lots of babies. My body and pregnancy don't mix... babies try to kill me before they are even born! Dang it! But all is not lost, for I have 2 cute kids and I will be a young, hot, empty-nester before everyone else my age. You gotta count your blessings, right?

What did you go back to school to study? I am thinking about a Masters in Info and Library Science... but school is mucho dinero and I need to make some before adding more debt. Dang it, again!

Can't wait for more posts! xoxo

Brooke Williams said...

i am posting about these because they make me laugh every time i read them!!