Thursday, August 21, 2008

Last but Pretty Important Text

Dear Momma Phelps,

My friend Carol emailed this to me. I got quite the kick out of it, because I was just guessing before. I hope you are at least getting a free wardrobe for life.

(Go Traveler's Collection. 30% off one piece this month. (Those of you under 50 will totally not get what I just said. And Paul. Paul from the Carribean won't get it either. I'm pretty sure he's never heard of Chico's. Paul, it's a "Mom" clothing store that sells quite the zingy fashions that hide a multitude of sin. Which is my way of saying figure challenges. Although they have fashion for the unchallenged as well. They sell Mom jeans, and Mom tops and Mom jackets, and Mom chunky belts, and Mom chunky jewlery and Mom scarves of which I have many. Moms love it. Even Olympic Moms are seduced by it.) )



Love,

Mommacita

PS I think you raised a nice boy and he has agreed to marry me. Sort of.

PSS My daughter mocks Travelers Clothes but I just don't listen to her because they feel like pajamas. I'm all over anything that feels like yammies. I hope your 2 daughters do not mock your Traveler's Collection Clothes. If they do, they are just ignorant of it's pleasantries.

3 comments:

Tara said...

It's difficult for me to admit... I'm only 30, but I do own a pair of shorts and several pieces of chunky jewelry from Chicos. Does it sound better that they were all compliments of my mother-in-law?

Meredith said...

often in southern california, travelers clothes are accompanied by professionally pedicured toenails (color: fuschia), the fake nails (also fuschia...is that even how you spell that color?), and there's a straw bag purse thing.

and they do feel like yammies. delicious!

Debbie said...

I got a $50 dollar gift certificate for my 50th birthday---whoo hoo---I love to feel like I'm in my yammies while standing in front of my 6th graders---it makes me smile at the thought :)