Sunday, June 1, 2008

You WISH I could be your Mother in Law

Friday I went to the land of bliss. I purchased lots of purpley goodness so I can have even more purpley goodness around for the purpley goodness wedding. His Lady Gloria Tibbitts loves purple. Here's a peek at what's in store:


The Internet said this was called Purple Spring Daisy. That couldn't be right. I think they meant to say "Unbelievably Incredible Purple Spikey Daisy Tipped with Sky Blue
Flower to the Power".



Purple Lobelia: A Crowd Pleaser



SetcreasaPalldo Purple. This one needs a new name too. Mine is green on the top and purple on the bottom. So it should be called GreentopPurpleBottomPalldo. I like the Palldo part.


Petunia. Purplie Whitie Stripie. Sort of reminds me of Aqua Fresh Toothpaste. Fresh breath is very important in a wedding setting. Not just for the bride and groom mind you.




More Lobeliea. With White on it. Because I have white flowers too.



Dahlia. Oh my. I might eat this for dessert.


Osteo Soprano. Must be a girl flower.



Double Purple/White Petunia. I hear these are more work, because you have to pluck the blossoms off to encourage growth, however, I think it is worth it. Wouldn't you agree? I have these also in Deep Dark Velvety Goodness Purple, and Purity Temple White. Yummalicious.



Purple petunia. Not the work, but quite the stunner.



Maybe THESE are the Osteo Soprano. Can't remember, but aren't they cute and happy?




Heliotrope. Smells Great. Oh, you come and walk by them and you will see I'm right. You will breathe in a breath of Heliotrope air and say to yourself: That Mommacita knows what smells good. And by the way, SHE smells good all the time. You KNOW you're thinking that.


Fuchsia. Deep Purple. This is a little picture, but I have a HUGE plant. Let's be honest I may kill this one with my irresponsible ways. In my past, I have been a Fuchsia Killer. But I'm hanging this one in a tree, so I'm giving it another shot. If I can pull off keeping this alive, I will be mighty impressed with Mommacita. I will be a true nurturer. Finally and forever more. Are you not glad to see me have a goal in life again?


Yet again, more Lobelia. Trailing Lobelia, to go with the white geraniums.


Spikey stickey uppey flower. 10 bucks to the person who can name it. But the one I got only has 1 spike. But it may grow more. So I don't know. This is kind of a stupid contest. I wouldn't enter it if I were you.


Last but not least....lobelia. It's the baby's breath of the 21st century.


I also bought 3 Begonias, so I lied about the "Last but not Least" part. I LOVE the vibranty soft luciousness of the mighty Begonia. Those little flowers just give and give and give all summer. And I love them with all my heart for it. I bought a RED, a YELLOW and a very lovely YELLOWY ORANGE one. I will be hiding the Begonia pots from His Lady Gloria Tibbetts when she comes, because I want her to think that it is all about her, which it is (except for the begonias...they do not come in purple, so those were about me.) And with that, I will leave you with this thought: There is nothing nicer and more restful than a purple flower. Except maybe a Begonia, and that is why they should make them in purple'
Imagine non-stop Begonia Purple creating
Mother In Law of the Year Award for yours truly

10 comments:

Shalyse said...

you are a great MIL! Dahlia's are my FAVE!!! Love it all.

p.s. we don't have BUNKO tomorrow night do we??? I didn't get a call.

Kasey said...

I can't wait to meet her!
I still can't believe litte Mitch is getting hitched! Isn't he like 10?!?

Beth said...

You are the master of all that grows purple. Yours is the thumb that sprouts yummy smelling purpleness (and Begonias). The Lady Gloria Tibbetts is truly a lucky lady.

amanda said...

ohhh annie-the-purple-loather is going to have a hard time reading this post...

you know lots about flowers, auntie of mine! you can be my flower-knowledge-source for my wedding. K? oook.

amanda said...

and just for a disclaimer, my wedding won't be for many, MANY moons. I want Mitch to bask in the limelight for long long time.

Annie said...

After receiving Mitch's announcement in the mail today (Seriously? "Dr." Reynolds?) if anyone could pull off purple, it would be the Lady Gloria. Whoa, what a dish.

And I can't beleive that first flower actually exists. It looks like it shouldn't, like a robot flower.

I wish I could go to OR for the open house! Blast you, continental divide.

MOMMACITA said...

Amanda, you doth protest too much. You are in the wedding window now. That's what happens. You leave YW and they give you a balloon with an invitation to the singles ward in it, along with a diamond ring. And I will be happy to consult on your non existant wedding flower choices. For some day when you're not really getting married.

Annie, You are in the Dr. window now. Bask in it's life giving light.

Shalyse: no bunko

Kasey. Mitch is barely over 10

Beth. I love you.

Did I get everyone?

Debbie said...

I didn't get an invitation. I'm sure it's in the mail and not a "slight" right?!! After all--we did feed the little feller.

Kasey said...

Mama is right...And he didn't barf.

Jared*Shawna*Skye*Bree said...

Wow!!! Holy Purple!!