Monday, June 30, 2008

Glitch, the Prose Version

It is official. There is a Mr. and a Mrs. Mitch. They both said yes. And then they kissed. And then there were pictures. And food. And cake. And dancing. And glow-ria sticks. And sparklers. And watching of Mitch's back as he raced off to his honeymoon in a Mercedes driven by a 16 year old chaufer with a cap. I almost checked for skid marks.

Here are a few highlights of the Event of the 21st Century:


Highlight #1
Having a swig of red wine before attending the temple. Thursday, His Lady Gloria Tibbitts went to the temple for the 1st time. Prior to the temple visit, the hotel I was staying at was having BBQ night. I was by myself and went through the line with the other hotel guests. At the beverage counter, I passed on the beer and went straight for the red wine. I thought the carafe with purple liquid in it was grape juice. I didn't make the connection until it was in my mouth. Classic Mommacita manuever. (one must refrain from any embibing if one expects to enter any temple.) I know what you are thinking. OF COURSE I spit it out. In front of my newly pregnant daughter in law Jenny (who arrived in the nic of time, spit wise). I'm sure the mother-in-law-gross-o-meter went off the scales for her. Right after the swig I was filled with fear and dread that I would have to sit by Gloria's mother and she would smell my al-kie breath. Good Grief.


Highlight #2:
Having a swig of red wine before attending the temple. I now know that I do not have a taste for wine out of a box or probably any wine at all. Case closed. I highly recomend ice water as your beverage of choice. Cool. Refreshing. Doesn't taste like Easter Egg dye.


Highlight #3:


Strawberry crepes at the Tibbitts home Thursday night. Mine was made by His Lady Gloria Whats Her Name and she put everything on it: Fresh Strawberries, Nutella, whipped cream, sugar, the works. I must say the Nutella was a delightful taste sensation in a strawberry crepe. Deeeeeeeeelish. And did you catch the part about my daughter in law serving me? I'm a lucky ducky.


Highlight #4


We had a dinner with the two families on Friday night. Delicious seafood. I had everyone introduce themselves. When it was Tim's mom's turn, she talked about Mitch, told stories, said her grandchildren were perfect, but what brought the house down was when she mentioned Tim and then she pointed/gestured/swept her arm to the ceiling. I thought my kids were going to bust open. Dubers however, was wishing that she had tapped on her chest before she did it. Yo Yo Yo granma-ma. Insert rappy hand gesture here.


Highlight #5:


The Tibbitts family. Cool. Refreshing. Much like my drink of choice. And aren't they pretty? Gloria's mom is wonderwoman: Made the dress. Made the flower girl's dress. Made everything so pretty pretty pretty.

Highlight #6:

Me at the reception: Mitch are you happy?

Mitch at the reception: Yes mom. I'm HAPPY. Then he threw in a She's Pretty. In that dreamy I just got married voice.

Highlight #7:

The Tibbitts' wondered if our family required our children to marry a "certain look". Think Arian Nation. I was asked several times: Did you have a required standard that your children had to marry? I'm sorry, but I was looking around at them and who are they to talk?

Arian Tibbitts Nation

If only Matt could have been there. He's our Baheemath Blonde, that crushes all other blondes to smithereenes. There were however no statements alluding to the fact that my children marry themselves. Coloradoians are polite. That will come later, here, on the home court. Can't wait.

Let me practice my laugh: Ha Ha Hee Hee Ho Ho. Whatever.

Highlight #8:

This is hardly a highlight. I am now double booted. I got to wear 2 boots on my feet. I went to the Dr. right before leaving, and the fracture in my foot is healing, however not yet all the way. Xrayed the other foot because of similar pain. Not quite broken but getting ready to break. Getting ready? I look, walk, and might as well talk like Frankenstein now. I wore both the boots on the plane, but left one off Thursday, Friday, and by Saturday my good foot was a swollen painful mess. I had to wear 2 to the reception. I'm committed to 2 boots now. I'm an embarrassment to the Arian Nation.


Highlight #9:

Seeing Eric, Cheri, Kennedy, and Harrison Koford at the reception. They live in Missouri now. They freaked out the Tibbitts' a little when they were at the guest book:

Gloria's Mom:"Do you know who that is?"

Gloria's Dad: "No, do you know who that is?"

Gloria's Mom: "No, do you know who that is?"

Gloria's Mom and Gloria's Dad together: "Someone we don't know is coming to your wedding Gloria."

I look up and it's the Kofords. The darling darling Kofords. I cried. Eric was Tim's 1st assistant in the priest quorum when he was bishop, and when he grew up and got married, we used to go to a BYU football game every year together. My kids mobbed them as soon as they were spotted. So appreciated their coming... Love them!

Highlight #10:
My kids are all married. I'm feeling a lighthearted, happy and gay (in the old timer old fashioned sense of the word...). I know bliss can't last, but I'd be stupid if I didn't enjoy it for a few minutes. YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

PS. Thank you Diana for the use of your home. You are a true seester.

7 comments:

jtibs said...

I told you I read your blog now! The pictures are fantastic (but I might be biased since I'm in them...) We loved reading your thoughts. Julia

MOMMACITA said...

YEA JULIA!!!!!!

ps. you look lovely

Brooke Williams said...

i am almost crying from laughing so hard at this post....this was the best one! and the wine and the two boots and the arian nation...still laughing!!!!

Matt said...

highlight #11: having three cars between the garlocks and THREE handicap parking passes. Canes, wheelchairs, pregnant ladies and boots: we were quite a sight.

MOMMACITA said...

I'm so lsughing right now. You are right Schneebes

MOMMACITA said...

laughing

Jen Giorgis said...

That was so hilarious. Can you even imagine how funny you'd have been if you had really drank the wine? j/k It was great to meet you and your family and to get to know Mitch. Jen (Gloris cousin & the photographer's assistant)