Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Eyes are for Watching Ears are for Hearing

I've been with my family for a few days. While I was warming up refried beans in the kitchen I overheard this conversation between my granddaughter and herself taking place:

Gracie:
Hi Polly Pocket

Polly Pocket who sounds like Gracie but with a really really high voice:
Huuuuuuuuuuullo!

Gracie:
Oh no! Polly Pocket!! You have a broken foot.

Polly Pocket who sounds like Gracie but with a really really high voice:
Oooooooooooh Nooooooooo!

Gracie:
Here Polly Pocket.
Put on this boot.
You have to wear this boot on your broken foot.
And sometimes you can take it off.
But that doesn't mean your broken foot is better.
You really need to wear the boot.
Because you have a broken foot
Now get over here and get your boot on.
Polly Pocket plus Mommacita equals soulsister

6 comments:

LaRene said...

Madison got her boot off of her foot!!! Now on to physical therapy!
Yippy! NO MORE BOOT! I can only wish you as much happiness!!

Shalyse said...

oh my this is the funniest thing I've ever heard!

did you spill the refried beans from laughing so hard? :-)

Brooke Williams said...

that is completely hilarious seeing polly pocket with a boot on! you're not alone!

Beth said...

I don't think she could be any cuter!!

Matt said...

when did this conversation take place? Gracie is hilarious. So are you mom. so are you.

amanda said...

dude. aunt mary, the boot is IN!

this is one of my all-time fav. posts!