Monday, March 2, 2009

Travelmony. Since it's the First Monday of the Month.

Bueno Bueno.

I have been gone for 2 1/2 weeks, and I tried to trick you all by writing blogs about Family Feud. I was in the Bahamas, visiting my little man Henry R. SnugglieBaby. I didn't want anyone to break into my house and steal my giant TV from 1985 so I didn't broadcast my absence. I don't have anything worth stealing (no jewelery, no electronics, no cash, but a lot of bags for good will) but it is kind of the principle of the thing. I don't like uninvited people looking at my outdated food in my cupboards.

I've pretty much been laying on my bed, my luscious luscious bed, (which if I were a thief, I would notice that it is the only thing of value in my house but who wants somebody else's bed with all their sluffed off dead skin all over it) anyway, I've been laying on my bed since I got home, eating cheese and grapes and English muffin bread toast and watching all the stuff that DVR'd while I was gone. Jet lag recovery I like to call it, so's not to feel guilt or shame. Not that I would. Well, I might.

So if you're bogged down in snow, sleet, ice, rain, wind or the like, I testify to you that there IS a place on this earth where the temperature hovers around 70 degrees, the ocean breeze whispers across your sunkissed cheek, the evening causes you to run to the window and watch the sun set over the ocean, (the prettiest shade of pink causes an ever so slight coo), the people warmly say hello to you when you and a baby stroller pass them on the sidewalk, and you don't have to wear even a sweater ever ever ever. Unless you want to for your outfit.



Just so you don't feel super bad, I didn't put a real picture up there. It's a painting on velvet that I found on the Internet, which should cause repulsion and gagging instead of longing and sadness.


Don't ever accuse me of not being plugged in to the feelings of others.

You're welcome.

PS I was never bored even though I might have hinted before that I was. Just keeping it real.

4 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

Your day of bed-eating-DVR-watching splendor sounds divine to this 9 month pregnant lady. Like, for reals.

Jenny said...

Even the velvet art looks wonderful. We here in snowland are feeling a little anxious. But glad you are getting some good rest!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary! I love your blogging. I hope you don't mind the invasion of privacy from an outsourced family member. You make me laugh and that is worth all the rude comments I could possibly get about any membership I might have forfeited. My name is still Garlock after all is said and done. See what happens??!!! And yes, even the velvet art is a relief. Love, Larry Anne

MOMMACITA said...

I welcome all comments from any and all who read this freak show.