Thursday, March 26, 2009

In Defense of Loving the Kitties

This is dedicated to my neice Annie. Because, like you, she just loves the kitties. ESPECIALLY nursing kitties. OK, I'm guessing on that one, but I'm pretty sure because who doesn't love the nursing kitties? Annie just had a baby girl on the 13th. So she's a nursing kit-kat herself. She MIGHT have sounded (in her comment on my last blog) like she didn't like kitties, but I say C'MON. You know you're loving on the kitties. 'Cause who can resist a good kittie makeover? And the people who document them?






Annie, since you're a new mom, AND you love the kitties, I thought you would appreciate all that the internet has to offer on the subject. Pretty sure your mom will like this too, 'cause everybody just loves the kitties. and the people who document them.






(In the real life, the blue edge and words in the above picture sparkled and danced. I'm sorry that was lost in the translation, because I know you would have liked it equal to the amount you like kitties.)


And now my kittie lovin' readers, let's get to the 'kitties' and 'nursing' documentations, that are out there floating around on the world wide web. Unbelievable, I KNOW!



(Warning, Warning: Little Kittie Treats in Store!!)



First, we have a 'Hello Kitty" nursing boppy. Yum!






Second, we have the "Hello Kitty Boppy in Action". With Asian subtitles.







Third, there are cuddly stuffed toys for Ruby and May to reinact the kitty nursing experience. However Annie, you might have to explain why only one of the kitties looks like the mom. I cannot vouch for anitomical correctness or uncorrectness.




Fourth, you may need to keep an eye on the kids. After playing with the Kittie and Nursing Kitties toy, Ruby and May may wish to give something new a try, because those nursing kitties are just so dang cutsie wootsie










Fifth, there are any number of outstanding arts-es that you can purchase and hang on your walls that will remind you of the wonderful cycle of kittie life.








Sixth, a reminder that discreet nursing is pleasant nursing. Which makes you just love kitties. and the people who document them.









Seventh, Kitties can not only nurse, but they can REHAB. Pretty great for someone who's stuck in a glider 24/7. What's not to love there?








Eighth, In the spirit of true entrepreneurial-ship, Kitties can strike up lucrative deals with other kitties and market products that are most like mother herself. Gotta love that!






Ninth, Kitties and the people who document them can give us all hope when we are facing those pesky post-partum body image issues.





Tenth, I don't really have a reason for this one. All I know is that some people who document certain things have lost their minds.



.

6 comments:

Glo said...

This is disgusting but i am at school laughing at my computer screen because of it. I dont love the kitties, or the nursing kitties, but those bikini clad kitties were pretty funny. thanks for a much needed laugh!

MOMMACITA said...

Be careful Glo, I might have to do a kittie post dedicated to you.

leigh said...

good post mom. you should watch the youtube video "Kittens inspired by Kittens" its really funny, especially if you watch it two or three times.

Kristen said...

kitty milk.....i seriously gagged.

[AnnieR] said...

What about a kitty milkshake?
Thank you auntie for entertaining me today. I still am sticking to my guns though, when I declare myself a "dog person" through and through, as deliciously creepy as these pictures and the people who document them are. I am also sticking to my guns for another purpose, which is basically to just have guns near me in case I come across any cats. Because then I can shoot them with those guns I'm stuck to. Just kidding. Sort of.

Melisa said...

Kitty nursing homes! haha! Too funny!