Sunday, March 8, 2009

Economy Eblonomy

How cute is this little viking?


I KNOW. That's my Henry R. And he's looking at his Gram. See the adoration? And get a load of the chin. I KNOW!



Switching gears....



People.

There's an economic crisis going on.

And we need to discuss because it has hit the Mommacita. So I've been trying to come up with ways to stretch my dolla bill. And please know, that if you have a shred of decency in you at all, you will share your economic crisis tips with me as well.



This may or may not be a threat, but if I become poor, then you will have a needy widow on your hands and then poof, there goes your wide variety of choices in life: You will feel strongly compelled to help me. And then you might resent me. But every day, when you read your scriptures, the compelling need to help the lonely widow is going to hit you again and again in the face and in your heart of hearts you'll know you'll have to lift up my weary arms that hang down and pick me up out of the gutter. And then you'll be tired and you might find yourself complaining about that and you'll say to yourself, "Why doesn't that pathetic Mommacita do something to help her own bad self???



So in order to keep our emotional health uncluttered, let's start a little economic crisis tip list.
How's about we call it the "Economic Crisis Tip List"?



Start the Dance Music.



Economic Crisis Tip List Number 1* (or ECTL for short (I'm a big fan of using initials and then slurring them together to form a new word. ECTL would be pronounced eek-tell. See? it's fun!))




1. Make and then reuse your own ice cubes. This will save you $1.49.






I've started making my own ice. I can do this because excellent water flows from my hometown tap, AND there's an economic crisis going on. I still love the store bought stuff, but I'm saving $1.49 on every bag of ice. So I think ahead and make myself 2 trays of ice, and then when I need a beverage I fill the glass TO THE TOP (very important component) with delicious homemade ice and pour in my beverage, drink it, (always using a straw) and then I put the glass and the used ice back in the freezer. Then when I'm thirsty again, I get my glass out and repeat the process. Except for I always treat myself to a fresh straw. They're cheap.



Yep. I'm reusing ice. And if this makes me a bag lady then so be it. I have found that you can reuse your ice up to 4 or 5 times. After that, you take a good long look at what you're doing, you get a little sick to your stomach, and then you tell yourself that $1.49 or not you need to make yourself stop and get some fresh ice.


I have never suffered any effects of dysentary or vomiting.


I do it all for you, people.

OK. That's not the whole truth. I do it all for you, and I do it to try and control the universe.


So enjoy your $1.49 After you've reused enough ice to equal 6 or 7 bags of ice, you can treat yourself to a movie. You can probably do it in as little as 4 months. That's 3 movies in one year. You can make it 4 or 5 if you go to the matinee. Hot diggittey.



*You know there will be more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant, I can't tell you how many times I 'recycled' my already used ice!!

Limon said...

You are a queen! Wow. And my word verification is witiock. You are so witi. And ock.

MOMMACITA said...

Hearing from Amy and Arthur and Limon has absolutely MADE MY DAY!! Store bought ice for me today!!

Glo said...

This is a sacrifice I just can't make. I must admit I just bought a bag of ice...worth every penny, diet coke and bought ice=perfection.