Saturday, February 21, 2009

An Annoying Song is Stuck in My Head

This morning I had a dream when I think I was supposed to be waking up. This just goes to show you, when you're supposed to be doing things like waking up, you have no business laying there in bed floating back into dreamland.

In my dream that I had no business having, I had just finished a delicious meal at Original House of Pancakes, not to be confused with an IHOP that serves that Rootie Tootie Fresh and Fruitie business. I was leaving the restaurant, and I somehow picked up on the fact that I was mentally ill. Being mentally ill, I tried to bum a ride home from two couples who , were complete strangers. This is how I knew I was mentally ill because I thought "Mommacita you are crazy to ask strangers for a ride." They said no, because their car was full. I totally got that they wouldn't want me in the car with them, (for a myriad of reasons including I had not showered) so I talked them into letting me ride on the hood of the car which turned out to be quite comfortable. I'd ABSOLUTELY do it again under the same set of circumstances.




It's been 7 hours since I woke up and I still can't stop thinking about the Original House of Pancakes.

I order the pecan pancakes alot when I go there. If I have to think of this all day then so do you. And yes. I totally own that I am deeply flawed.

4 comments:

Glo said...

mmmmm, those crepes with fruit look really good. I think i will try to go up to salt lake this week to the original pancake house, you tempted me and i am weak!

Matt said...

i just ate but i'd still like some of those pancakes.
-leigh

Emily said...

Not cool Mary, not cool. It is dangerous reading your blog.
(We need to arrange a meeting where I get back my maternity clothing)

Beth said...

That is just mean. We don't even have an Original House of Pancakes here. Ugh!