Friday, September 11, 2009

All You Ever Need To Know You Can Learn from Project Runway

Yay!!! More TV Blogging!! Double Yay!!!

Last night as I was watching Project Runway on Lifetime's channel for women, and in the midst of my gratitude for it being back, it struck me on how much we as a people can learn from Runway. I had to grab a hankie, because there were tears.

I love the Runway, (how can they sew so fast?????) and there are messages to help us that come from the Runway. This is not as good as reading your scriptures, but almost.


Message #1
Life is better if you have developed some skilz.


Message #2
If things aren't working out for you (on Bravo) then run to the nearest woman ('s network called Lifetime), and she will guide you to the promised land. Your life will be better, there won't be as many potty mouths around, and you'll get to live in Sunny California.
.
Message #3
Always look for a friend like Tim Gunn: Someone that will tell you the truth, and if you fail, they'll say just the right thing and give you a hug while your heart is breaking.
.
Message #4
Work Work Work. Nobody wins if they don't know how to make it work.
.
Message #5
Be nice. Even if mean people make it to the top, remember no one ever wants to share a room with them
.
Message #6
Beautiful things can happen in 24 hours. Out of NOTHING!
.
Message #7
When all else fails, remember that things always sound classy with a German accent. Even alveedersaine.
.
Message #8
If your needle breaks don't be whining about it. Nobody likes a crybaby.
.
Message #9
Never do anything in bad taste. You'll get creamed for it every time.
.
Message #10
Choose a good (role) model. It all comes down to the (role) model.
.

I never knew the runway was so profound. I guess this just goes to show you that

You never know what you've got 'till it's gone. ~Bob Dylan. Or maybe Joni Mitchell.
.



.
Mommmmmmmmmm-acita. Waxing philosophical.

11 comments:

Jake said...

That all when right over my head. Has mamacita bypassed me in coolness and hipness? I do live in a small town without a Target. Does that have something to do with it???

MOMMACITA said...

All of the above, plus it is a chick show about designing clothes

Glo said...

Mitch and I watched, i was much more into it than he was...we even thought about being Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum for Halloween. And I truly appreciate your hipness and pop culture knowledge, a lot.

Beth said...

I appreciate knowing the many lessons that I have been unconsciously learning from Project Runway. Knowing these things will now make my weekly viewing much more meaningful.

Anonymous said...

Tim Gunn is my fave, fave, fave!!!!! I wish, wish, wish I had TV so I could partake in the 'Project Runway' festivities!

leigh said...

Amy, I watch it on lifetime.com because Henry goes to bed when its on and sometimes he likes to milk the 'bedtime'. Anyways, Hi mommy! Great blogs. I got to read three in a row and loved every minute of it. I loved it so much that I posted three pictures of Henry on my blog. I'm a horrible blogger. And to comment on your labor day blog. I concur. TV is awful on Labor Day. I'm so glad that we always went to the beach growing up so we didn't have to experience such awfulness. Don't you miss those days!?! I sure do.

Emily said...

I LOVE the runway!!! Been a fan for years and I'm so glad it's on lifetime now. The only problem is I have to watch it during a marathon showing or else I can't keep up. Hope all is well!

Tara said...

Hey Leigh's mom! I have a new blog post idea for ya...this giveaway blog that I'm starting! :) Check it out, become a follower, and you can enter to win some great prizes. Oh and feel free to tell all your blogging buddies! http://dandygiveaway.blogspot.com

Dehner Family said...

I may tune in - just for the life lessons. BTW - I think I know the red people... Scary.

Jake said...

Aren't we due for a motab wardrobe commentary?

Limon said...

Where are you? I'm a poor lonely bachelor whose heater has been working fine, but whose heart longs for the warmth of a Bit of Freaking by Mary. Sadness surrounds me.