Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I See Red People

I write a post, I wait, I check to see who comments, I wait a couple of days, I recheck, then I search my life for something ridiculous to write about again and to waste your time again, so that maybe my children or others will comment. This is my purpose. This is my destiny. The hard part is, my life is not that interesting. Oh yes, I do have the occasional guy in a loin cloth speed by on his bike, but for the most part, I'm stretching the envelope. Trying beyond trying to get attention from the 6 people who read this.

Writing a blog makes you examine what you do in your life, what you think, how you perceive the world. I'm not so sure that's healthy for me. Like for instance, I don't like this about myself:

Today I'm at the market. Minding my own bizzness. This couple, maybe in their 40's saunters by me and they are holding hands, wearing this



And this




BOTH of them. Matching outfits. I'm a little dumbfounded and I can't stop looking at them. And these are my thoughts (as in my head, and please pray for me that I will never voice these in real life to real people.):

Question: Where did they get those pants?

Answer: Probably Disneyland

Question: Disneyland? Do they have Mickey Mouses on them? (because that might explain this because if you are going to spend the bucks on red Mickey Mouse pants while visiting Disneyland, (because you get all caught up in the Disney Craze as you are walking around), and you get home and then you are stuck with 2 pairs of red Mickey pants and you have to get your money out of them you might wear them to the market so as not to feel sorry for buying them in the first place)

Instruction: Catch up to them and check out the pants, to see if there are Mickey's on them.

Question: What? Have you lost your marbles? Is this the consequence of living alone? You DO NOT need to know if there are Mickey Mouses on their pants. What would that serve?

.
Instruction: Do not go over there by those people and look at their pants. You are becoming weirder by the minute.
.

Observation: Red pants, Red Sweatshirts, wowzers, that's a lot of red.

Question: Who wears all that red?

Question: Are those Mickey pants?

Self Correction: ENOUGH. No more wondering about Mickeys on pants. It needs to be over.

Observation: But the red. BUT ALL THE RED.

Question: Should I blog about these red people?

Question: Are you kidding me? Do you really want to continue to be that girl that blogs about people she sees in the store?

Whiny Answer: I can't stop. I'm cursed with the noticing gene.

Question: Have I become this?



Answer: You certainly have if you go home and blog about the Red People.

Rationalization: But look at her. She's happy.

Question: Are you going to go home and blog about the Red People? Because if you do, You are enormously looserey.


Answer: No. No I am Not. I refuse to keep being that person.


.
Apparently the receptors for resisting dessert and not blogging about people in the store are located in the same section of the brain and that section in me was damaged during the trauma of 2003. I'm sorry for any pain I may have caused you, the loyal reader.

.

21 comments:

Debbie said...

I am loyal. I am a reader. But not always a commentor---or is it commenter----or commentur---anyway---I shall mend my ways. Love you!! And as I have said before---you have much more interesting stores than we do.

No red pants in Zona.

Probably because it's too hot and people wear clothes that barely cover them. I HAVE noticed that the people who NEED to cover themselves seem to be the ones who cover themselves least. They must NOT have MIRRORS in their houses or they would not appear in public dressed as they do. Or should I say NOT dressed as they do.

MOMMACITA said...

Dear Debbie,

I have been known to be declare that my religion protects me from myself. I totally concure. If you wish to be legal about it.

Love, Mommacita

MOMMACITA said...

KNOWN TO DECLARE.


And thank you for commenting.

JuJu said...

Oh my gosh, we live the same life. I have been reduced to tears trying to find the right thing to write about so that my readers (I have less than you!) would be pleased.
I am so jealous that you saw the outfit with all that red. Great blog fodder.
:-)

[AnnieR] said...

You wouldn't believe the thrill that goes up my spine (note I said "thrill" and not "chill") when I see "The World is Better Because of this Freaking Blog" on my Google reader, followed by the lengthy post title, which always gets cut off if I'm reading from my phone, which I usually am. You also wouldn't believe the anticipation I feel as I touch or "click" on the cut off title so it can then open a new page and let me read its entirety. Sometimes it takes just milliseconds for the page to load and I rejoice. Other times, it takes several seconds for it to load and my anticipation gets the best of me. I shake my fist to the sky and curse my lousy AT&T coverage. "Blast you, AT&T!" I sit and rage until your latest post finally pops up and I get to not only read the rest of the title (which is always good and clever) but then I get to read the actual post, which always, always, always brings more than just a mere wry smile like with most bloggers I read. Oh no, it goes way beyond that. Chuckles. Gafaws. Tears. Howls. Snorts. All of the above. I hope you never stop seeing red people, so to speak.

[AnnieR] said...

P.S. - If you don't want to keep having to check back to your blog for any new comments, there's a place in your bloggy settings where you can get emailed any comments that are left, right after they are posted. When I figured out that little trick, I suddenly had an extra hour in my day.

Judy and KC said...

I am coming out hiding to let you know that I am a VERY FAITHFUL follower of your blog. I too get so excited when I see that you have a new post! I love seeing the world through your eyes - you are so funny! Thanks for sharing. I love it!

ps - don't we have the CUTEST grandkids in the world?

MOMMACITA said...

Thank you. Thank you. I enjoy each and every comment.

And Judy, yes. Yes we do have the cutest grandkids ever. And I am pleased that they are being trained to not wear all red after 40 with their significant others.

MOMMACITA said...

And thank you for the tip Annier. I can use any techie tip that comes my way. I live in the virtual wasteland of the over 50 crowd.

Glo said...

are you sure you werent in Salt lake when you saw all this red, they seem to like that color up here, no clue why. I love love love your blog, lately i havent been a loyal commenter, i too will change my ways! ps, i hope we get to see you next week!

jakeandlacey said...

I'm a loyal reader---but a lousy commenter. I'll get workin on that :) Your blogs are definitely comment worthy too. Whether they're hilarious or thought provoking, I usually think of something to comment but I get shy and don't.

I would have had to keep myself from following and checking to see if they were mickey mouse pants too. You're my favorite.

linda rae said...

I, too, am a loyal reader. From Canada, no less. So you are an international blogger!

I don't know how I found you, but I'm not ever deleting you. I love your sense of humor and your gifted writing.

Keep it up!!!

Tan + Es said...

I am pretty sure you have no idea who I am, because we have only met once, but I am Jen's sister-in-law...which doesn't make us related at all, so I probably shouldn't blog-stalk you. But I do. I saw "Mommacita" on Jenny's blog once and clicked to see what it was, and I have been a loyal reader ever since. I laugh my head off every time I read one of your posts, and again when I relate them to my husband. You. are. FABULOUS!

MOMMACITA said...

Of course I remember you Es. Thank you for commenting. I live for it you know.

Jenny said...

I am so proud that so many of MY side of the family is now reading your blog. Who knew? You definatly have a following! We love you!!
Jen

Katie said...

I love that you see way more interesting people than Mark and I do...and we are in Eugene! Seriously. I thought I was going to get a lot of good blog fodder when we moved here, but it wasn't meant to be. Or maybe I'm just not good at coming up with brilliant posts about the wacky people I see. I gotta work on that. Love your blog!

leigh said...

I see red peole is a great title for a blog. So is Northwest Hot Mess...

Limon said...

So I read all your posts too, even thought I don't comment and I don't even write on my own blog. But you should sign up for blogpatrol. It tells you how many people visit your blog each hour of each day. You could add a whole new level to your obsession!

cbbugbug said...

So I'm way late in seeing this post and you've posted since this one, but I had to comment and don't need to point out to you now that more than 8 people read your blog. But the important thing to say is that my mom has a robe made out of that moose material - or that's what it looked like in your picture. It's way durable I know, 'cause she's had it for a really long time.
And way cute sock monkey fabric (which my family has always called Gabee - accent on the first syllable and pronounced with a short a - that's what my sister always called hers - her gabee.) Also wanting to see what fabrics you've used/will use for little Sawyer and little Hank. Still working on Olive's quilt myself. Something in my messed up psyche insists that the child must be walking in order for me to finish their quilt. It's really sad.

Charlene said...

I'm snorting and laughing with tears coming out of my eyes, as always after reading your blog...

Don't ever stop blogging, ok? You make my day.

Alymcb said...

You don't know me, but your son & daughter-in-law were in our ward. Occasionally I go catch up on your blog--the Red People entry made me laugh to tears. ("Have I become this woman?") Thank you.
Alyson