Monday, February 15, 2010

Text Messages to My Kids that Quite Frankly Crank

Hidee Ho there kids! Tis the Season! I can't just sit here and watch the Olympics without thinking about my swimming ex boyfriend who took that Olympic oath about not doping. A sorrow that has not healed, even if Subway thinks that we've forgotten.

I'm cuddled up on the leather couch with my hand crocheted afghan and Mitch's mono-infected pillow that is filled with those little pellet thingies so you can punch it or swing it about during speed skating. Since I lack anyone to high five when the moment calls for the high five, I've been texting the kids like crazy. Since I have to pay 5 cents for every text, I thought this might be cheaper:

Olympic text #1

Dear Everybody,
You know those white cushioney maybe made out of leather or possibly pleather couches that the freestyle skiers sit on after they compete? Well I think they are heated. And they look really comfortable. So yeah, I think I'd be liking one of those for Christmas for my bedroom. Just in case you were wondering what I might have on my wish list.

Much Love,
Your Adoring and Deserving Mommacita Who Happens to be a Widow


Olympic text #2


Dear Pregnant One,
I think it would be more than OK if you wanted to possibly use Apollo as a middle name. It would work for a boy for sure, and a girl if you added 'ette' (as in Danette) or you could just tack an 'a' on the end (as in Roberta, so it would end up Apolloa) or 'anne' (as in Larryann). Your dad always liked boy names for girls.

Be Sure And Keep Down Those Vitamins,
Mommacitanne


Olympic Text #3


Dear Glitch (my favorite fashionistas),
Did you happen to catch Tom Brokaw's outfit on the night of the opening ceremony? Did you wonder if he forgot his sports jacket so he borrowed that gold thing from some BOTS (bum off the street)? Did you wonder why he paired it with that blue shirt with the white collar and cuffs? Could you just hear Tim saying "What man wears a shirt with white collars and cuffs?" Yeah, me too.

And Did you think that Tom picked out his tie in the dark because it was navy and red or maybe some other color I can't remember now because I've tried to purge it from my memory? Were you afraid that once you let your hair go gray that you would most assuredly loose your ability to coordinate your outfits, even the ones that are really really important because you are going to be seen by the world in them? Yes?

Me Too. We're twinners!

H&M-ly yours,
Mommacita

Olympic Text #4

Dear Jen,
Do you miss that Mo-Tabbie song from 2002 that swelled and peaked and made you just feel like you were king of the world? I know I do. Do you think you'd have time to learn it on the piano for my next visit?

No Pressure I'm Just Your,
Mommacitainlaw

Olympic Text #5

Dear Everyone,
Two things. First of all, I'm quite taken with freestyle skiing. Second, the guys who announce it? Have you listened to those guys? No? Well I did, and I'm passing on my newly adopted freestyle-skiing-cool-announcer-guy vocabulary to YOU! Work these gems into to your conversations at work, school or play and people will immediately want to be your best-ie. Here you go:

Blister, Cranking, Open Throttle, Bottom out, Boomerang, Dawg, Tight, Big, Minor, Huge, Roll by the tail, Buck, Ding, Off the top, Smokin' (not to be confused with smoking which is not at all as cool), Qualies, In the Zone, Outacontrol, Go large, Flow off the top, Clutch, D-S-Q'ed, Uncorked, Throw down, and my personal favorite: Put the hammer down.

All my uncorked Love,
Mommacitadawg

Olympic Text #6

Dear Jaqueo,
Since you are in the athletic world professionally now, could you please answer me this? What product is Shawn White using on his hair? I dig those Farrah curls that were not there at the last Olympics. Question: Can athletes get that stuff for free and still compete? Just wanted to know if I should take up snowboarding, because if there's anything that I consider synonymous with great hair, it's snowboarding. USA! USA! USA!

Inquiring minds, and all that,
Will-do-anything-for-freebies-Mommacita


Olympic Text #7


Dear Dubers,
So the US athletes seem to all have really really white teeth. Can you hook me up at the dental school? That would be huge. Don't forget to use that cool freestyle vernacular in everyday life. When you're root canaling the guys with the pony tails, they will Roll by the tail fo sho.

Your best patient,
Mommacitasmiles

Just a Regular Text #8

Dear Blogspot.com,
What is the dealio? I have not been able to download any pictures to go with this post. All I get is words. Don't you know that when you make fun of someone's outfit you HAVE to have a visual to make it major? Don't you realize that my text about Shawn White would have been smokin off the top with pictures? Now it is just ding. Blogspot, you are D-S-Q'ed in my book. It's time to throw the hammer down and blister your way out of this mess. Next time, I expect you to qualie.

No love here,
NotyourMommacita


.

27 comments:

MOMMACITA said...

Mommacita, why have we not heard from you since Thanksgiving? Don't you think you need to address the elephant in the room?

MOMMACITA said...

No. No I don't. Nobody reads this thing anymore because of the no posts. Take that.

MOMMACITA said...

Bitter much?

JuJu said...

Well, I still look for your stuff, and this post reminds me why. Classic and Hilarious.
Keep em smokin' Mommacita.

*and find me a picture of the Tom Brokaw outfit!

Emily said...

Oh how you have been missed. While watching the Olyimpic opening ceremonies I thought to myself- "I wonder if mommacita will text the athletes again and be oh so funny". Thanks for making my smile and am I correct in assuming that your only daughter is preggers, again??? That would be sweet or OffTheHook!
Inquiring-minds-want-to-know Emily

MOMMACITA said...

She is indeed off the hook preggers

Charlene said...

You make me ALMOST want to turn on the TV to watch the olympics... Now I've got to google some pics of all the people you posted about. No time to watch the olympics....

Glad you're back. I've missed your humor....

Beth said...

Hip hooray for Mommacita! Just today I was saying to myself, "Self, It has been so long since my dear Auntie blogged. I wonder how she is doing? I wonder what is going on in the life and mind of my dear Mommacita?". Thank you for gracing us once again with your blogging presence.

jtibs said...

I'm glad you're back- I was just thinking the other day that I wish someone fun would blog, like Mommacita.

Anonymous said...

You're back! My life is now complete. I am yet another regular checker of your blog, and it finally paid off.
Now, about this elephant of yours.... Betsy (your preggers daughter's auntie-in-law)

Glo said...

mommacita, i had that thing with the words happen when loading pictures and dont fret, when you publish or preview the pictures show up, and i found it makes it easier to put the pictures in the right place. call me if you need more blog guidance. Oh and thanks for blogging, and calling glitch your favorite fashionistas. I have missed your blog!

Judy and KC said...

Yahoo!!! You're back. I've missed you! Love your blog - please keep blogging for all of us who love your wonderful outlook on life.

Anonymous said...

All is right with the world--Mommacita has posted again. Thanks for making my day!
--Another anonymous blog reader

Debbie said...

Congrats, Grandma, on another one headed your way. Nothing better!!

Autumn P. said...

Text To mommacita:
Dear Mommacita,

Did you notice the people that lined the entrance for the Athletes procession during the opening ceremonies wearing the white-puffy-vest-as-a-skirt ? Did you notice how they had to awkwardly dance the ENTIRE TIME? Did you notice that some people would get tired and lazy and only twirl their hands around and then remember they're on camera so then vigorously reengage in hip swaying and jumping? I thought their job was hard. That was a long time of dancing and looking enthused.

Sincerely Fellow noticer of the important details of the olympics-
Autumn P.

MOMMACITA said...

Text to Autumn,

Funny you would mention it. Yes, I DID notice. And they reminded me of when the Olympics were in China and they had all these Chinese girls in miniskirts lined up doing the same thing. Only the Chinese girls only knew how to do a dance from the 70's called the pony only it was a lame pony. Let me tell you, skinny Chinese girls in miniskirts doing a lame pony for hours on end is not pretty. Not festive. Not a good idea. The majority of the time they just wiggled their knees.

At least with the Canadians you could think to yourself, hey, those girls are wearing down vests for skirts and you could contemplate that for a minute. During my moment of contemplation, I must admit I decided that when those girls took those down skirts home, they would probably hang them in their closets next to their bridesmaid's dresses.

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Best wishes

Mikaela said...

Mommacita I almost had to call my mom the other day and make sure you were okay . . .I was worried!! You have been missed, I was actually telling a friend the other day that you really needed to start blogging again. I was afraid you had run out of sparkly costume pictures, if you get close let me know and I will make some to keep you from having an excuse to disappear again! Way to go only daughter, preggers again!

leigh said...

Shawn White's hair is something to covet. You'd think he would have beanie head all day. Hmmm. Can't wait to hear more about the Olympics and other tv shows. I heart tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

Dear Mommacita,
On Sunday I was talking with my uber cool sister in law, Alicia. We were both hoping that you would be blogging about the Olympics. I'm so happy you did....you totally made my day.

Love your blog even more than I love Bob Costas lighter hair color,
Katie

Jenny said...

I've been thinking of you all day...wish I were there to give you an Olympic high five, too. Even if it meant using Mitch's mono-infected pillow that I'm still frightened of 6 years later.
Love you!

[AnnieR] said...

I've left you like five different comments but they never post for some reason. I don't even know if this one will. So I can just type whatever I want right now and it will probably just be sent into the black Internet void. Blahblahblah. scoobydoobydoo. Just in case this one does post, I will get on with it. I want to trade hair with Shaun White. And trade bank accounts while we're at it. And yah, what was up with those lame go-go dancers along the sides? AWKward, that's what they were. And I, too, would like to have one of those white puffy pillows (which I also thought were heated) in my Easter basket. And um, yah. After posting the same thing over for the sixth time, this comment is probably a little stale. No matter, I'm just thrilled to see you blogging once again. More! More! Your fans want more!

leigh said...

Hey, post again! There's been like 30 Olympic events and I MUST know your take on it. Come'on!

Jake said...

I love Mary Carillo and Dick Button.

cbbugbug said...

So I missed most of the first week due to my sibling reunion, with no cable for most of it.
So when back home and it was HOURS of DVR catching up and then once caught up,trying to keep up with all the daily broadcasts...I remembered that you loved MP before the pics and frankly forgave him after the pics and probably were really into the winter Olympics as well...that it probably wasn't ALL about MP and then thought it a shame that you didn't blog anymore...
But did I get up and go check? Heck no, and get further behind?
But I swear I've checked your blog in the last week or so between "sessions" and there was that same ol, same ol thankyou note one...speaking of which - did you catch JF doing thankyou notes at the Olympics? They were right on in my opinion and BC was very cute and surprisingly persistent at the organ.
ANYWAY...SO GOOD to read you again and really...would have loved more on the Olympics but am very anxious to hear your take on the USA channel shows or anything else to your liking.
Now I'm wondering if there is a limit to a post length allowed on blogspot...we may find out...I wanted to add that perhaps like unto yourself, I saw so many quilt inspirations while watching. All that white with little flecks and pieces of bright colors. I found the cross country skiing ca-razily so in that department. Wanted to keep it recorded for future quilts.
Going through withdrawl today, so your post has served as a bit of hair of the dog for me! Thank you so much and love you more!

Mikaela said...

Don't make me call my mother to check on you . . .

Brianna said...

I FREAKING LOVE YOU!!!!!! YOURE THE BOMBDIGGITY!