Monday, July 20, 2009

why? Why? WHY????

Tonight I watched the news. Our local newscast always has some sort of animal-ish story. All About Animals I like to call it. It's usually about doggies or kitties. Tonight's story was about a man who was fishing, and he found an osprey tangled up in fishing line laying beak down in the water. He gave it "mouth to beak" resuscitation. The bird, whose beak by the way was big and long and very very pointy lived and flew away. The resuscitator was on the evening news.

OK. I'm just saying that if I find a passed out osprey laying by the side of the stream someday, I'm not going to be giving it mouth to beak. I'm just not.

So yeah. I got myself out of bed, I'm sitting here with bare feet in my nightgown, so I can put this tidbit on my blog for who knows what reason.

If anyone out there knows why I am compelled to do such a thing, please enlighten me.

11 comments:

Jake said...

Would you consider mouth-to-bill, or mouth to snout, or mouth to gill?

Kari said...

Ick! I'm with you; NO way!

Dehner Family said...

I think I'd be worried about the beak hitting the back of my throat making me puke all over the poor little thing.

ccbugbug said...

I think Jake could be our next Dr. Suess.
And I want to know the story of the current "sparkly costume" picture. Granted that the one portion looks like it could be at least a B cup, but it mostly looks like "someone" grabbed a bunch of material from a gift wrap drawer, hung it up and took a picture.
I told you once I worried what you would do when you ran out of sparkly costume pictures (since I never want this blog to end) and I have to say that you rarely (I typed never first but this one and the previous one have me scratching my head.)disappoint.
So please post an explanation of what looks like it could possibly be a bubble wrap bustiere.

MOMMACITA said...

First of all, Jaque-o, I'm laughing LAUGHING at your comment. I thought about it for 2 seconds, and I would not consider any of those. And Dehner Family, the beak was long and hooked. It would have made anyone puke. Just looking at it causes puking. And CBBBUg, I don't create the sparkley sensations, I just expose them for the good of the universe. So others can have a chance.

Limon said...

I'd do it. Just on the off chance that the osprey was some sort of wish-granting creature, testing the kindness of my heart. Then I'd use my first wish for some toothpaste.

And to answer Jake's question, and since my word verification is "versings",
I would consider mouth-to-beak! or mouth-to-trunk! or mouth-to-leaf!

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff those news people find to fill the time with!! At least they didn't fill that five minute time slot with crazy-gun carrying-Broadway Street killer info.

leigh said...

I love the term 'just saying'. Aunties that I love use that term too.

Jake said...

comment

MOMMACITA said...

You kill me Jake.

leigh said...

now maybe you could do a new post and use that awesome title that we came up with! Do it, now!