Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fairy Frost

.

Dear Someone Out There Who Likes Me,


We all know that I have been known to mock the sequined, the sparkly, the bo-jangled, and the be-dazzled in the past, however I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU from the bottom of my beating heart for the wonderful present you gave me last week. I loved the gift of being able to visit the fairy forest with my little darlin's Grace and Sophia. Little did I know that right across the street from me, the Fairy Forest has been in existence all these years. How come I never knew it? I'm pretty sure it has to do with not being able to hear the silver jingle bell from the Polar Express anymore either.


Anyway, Gracie and Sophie took me under their gossamer wings and showed me the magic of the Fairy Forest:



I told you it was fairylicious. We ate fairy lunch (flowers), walked from fairy room to fairy room (kitchens, bedrooms, baths), swept up with a handmade fairy broom (a stick with a palm frond), sat on fairy couches (logs) and listened to fairy chatter (them explaining it all to me). For a little bit, I got to be a real live fairy again. It is something that I've dearly missed.

So, Person Out There Who Likes Me; I just wanted you to know I appreciated walking on the heels of magic for one afternoon with my granddaughters. It was pure delicious fun. I will never never NEVER EVER forget it. You deserve a pat on the back for this one.


Very Truly Yours,


Mommacita,
Former Fairy in another life





.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Dear Grandma Fairy,
Thanks for taking my girls into the fairy forest and protecting them from the mean dragons. They are lucky to have a grandma who loves them enough to trample through the woods in the height of allergy season. We miss you!

Glo said...

What darling fairies! i enjoy their new hair do's, they are looking ever so cute

Beth said...

That was a fairylicious post and those precious girls of yours are also fairylicious. You are one lucky grandmacita. Also, we will miss you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, Halbert is one precious little guy and we are going to eat him alive. The kids arrived safe and sound and we are having a great time already. Miss you but know we are taking good care of them this weekend. So glad they came. Yum, Yum!! They agree, I AM the favorite auntie

MOMMACITA said...

Yes, you are the favorite Shawn! I miss being at the eastern reunion.....

Beth said...

Yes, Halbert is delicious. He totally snuggled me several times and has deliciously soft baby skin. I will give him kisses for you.

Debbie said...

Ahhh--a few more palms you have been eating out of. Stick to eating this way and you won't get sick.