Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wouldn't you Know this would be Gross

So Yeah. I shook hands with my darling niece Annie and her brother's wedding to start doing this again once a week.  She's the reason I started up a blog in the first place, so if you want to get scientific about it I guess we can assume that Annie has blogcontrol over me.  All Powerful.  All knowing.  All Seeing.

And This is going to be short this first time, because:

A.  My suitcase is still in the trunk of my car from traveling home from her brother's wedding. (I've been home a day and a half.  And yes, this might be thought of as lazy pants)

B.  I think I might be dead or dying. 

Lets address A.

I chose to leave my suitcase in the car because after driving home from the airport in the dark with torrential rain, white knuckling it all the way because when I say torrential rain, I really mean it this time Oh shoot, I've lost my train of thought and I'm currently sweating profusely (see B).  Anyway, I spilled out of the car onto the garage floor and dragged myself into the (hem) powder room to (hem) how do you say vomit nicely?  So My suitcase is still in my trunk and I don't care who knows it. I don't know when It will be lifted out.  Perhaps when Mitch comes for a visit.

Now for B

I think I gave it away in A but I feel compelled to warn you that if you eat a chicken pecan apple salad (but I didn't see one single pecan and I was looking for them the whole time ) with no dressing at the Wendy's in the Southwest terminal at the Salt Lake City Airport then you will want to die and die quickly.  Only you won't die like you want but will linger on, sweating, chilling, and experiencing other unmentionable tortures which my boys came home from their missions calling boo.  With out getting totally sickening, let's just say, I am experiencing all the pleasures of a good and tasty food poisoning.  Including an IV drip in the ER.

Let's digress a little.  I drove myself to the ER.  I don't think that I should have.  I thought I was being self reliant and noble.  I was being stupid.  I include this as a warning to all five of you.  Don't scoff.  I just may have saved someone else's life.

Back to B.

So Yeah.  I'm a mess.  And I slept on a bed without sheets last night and trust me you don't want to know why.  The sad part is is I just might do it again.  sniff.

So anyone out there who MAY have made a comment on Allpowerful's blog about me not having posted a blog yet, who called me a liar,  and you know who you are yomama,  just feel my pain.  Go on.  Feel it.  

Excuse me now, Gatorade calls.

I feel fortunate to like the Purple.

9 comments:

Emily said...

So glad you're back (home and blogging). I'm in the area if you need me to come over and retrieve your suitcase. Get better soon so we can have more entertaining posts!

Charlene said...

so sorry to hear you're ill, but happy to see a new post...even if it was about the dangers of fast food salad! Get better quick! Call if you need an emergency gatorade run!

colleen said...

Yeah and Wahoo for you and Annie ! Wish I could come change your sheets for you. I would.

bseymour said...

Food poisoning is never, ever pretty. So sorry to hear my Auntie, but glad that you are back to blogging.

[AnnieR] said...

Oh man, I don't even want to tell you this, as it seems I may be your puppet master, so to speak, in more ways than one: You miiiiiiiiight not have gotten food poisoning, but instead the stomach flu. And you miiiiiiiiight have gotten it from someone in my immediate family, as it seems we have given it to Joseph, my Mom, my Dad, and yes, John and Lindsay, rendering their honeymoon an utter disaster. I'm so, so, so sorry.

Also, in response to your comment on my blog. This is not a contest. I just saw those stupid nutcrackers and was moved to blog.

Oh, and also: sleeping on a bed without sheets: Ew!

[AnnieR] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kassidi bridge said...

Yes, I am the one who witnessed the handshake. A.) SOOO glad you're back. B.) SO sad you're sick! P.S. I got the flu too. So dumb.

shawn dehner said...

So, you're saying I now need to sleep on a bed without sheets just to let you know I don't think it's a contest? I think I'll just drink purple gatorade and wait for the next blog post from you two!!!!
(ps, you obviously did not grow up with five brothers, everything was a contest and yes, I had to be brother #6 to stay in the mix! I'm deeply scarred.)

Hama Roska said...

As a random, non-related reader of your blog, Welcome Back. I have missed your tidbits terribly and MAY gain some inspiration to write again myself.

Please feel better and continue writing. It makes the world a better place. (You obviously already know that)